Friday, October 14, 2011

Winter Weekend Crop

I have been so blessed this year to become a part of 2 different scrapbook groups. In fact I consider myself to be a founding member of both. First is my Sisterfriends Group. This group is made of some very old friends and a couple very new friends. We went on a weekend retreat to a beach house in Michigan City, IN. The house was something you would see in a movie. The grounds were sooo peaceful and relaxing. And the weekend itself was in a word magical. There were 8 women in the house and eveyone got along soooo nicely. I was not exactly suprised given the group I choose to invite. But this began the 1st of many annual retreats for us. I can not wait until June to get these girl back together. It was a great time indeed. I value the relationships I have with them all and love that the hobby that unites us all more that anyone could imagine.

Then after attending Scrapfest 2011 in MN and meeting some more of my amazing scrapbooking sisters I returned and joined Scrappy Girls. This group of ladies branched off from a Facebook group of ladies who attended Scrapfest. I could not be more happy to connect with so many women from the midwest. There are many scrapbooking groups out there but you always feel like you are on the outside looking in when you join. It'a completely different with these ladies because we all started the group together I feel a certain sense of inclusion. We have started a birthday club and plan on doing swaps and crops together. In fact the first one is coming up in December. Back to Michigan City we go and I for one can not wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment