Sunday, November 13, 2011

Somebody call Hoarders!

So I know that I haven't posted this week like I was supposed to but I have been busy. SORRY! I didn't know what I wanted to talk about anyway. I do now! I got a phone call from a girlfriend the other day who asked me to ship her some clothes that I was holding for her that have gotten to small for my daughter. So I get to this one outfit and noticed that I can't find the jacket to these pants. I thought to myself maybe it is in the garage. I went out into the garage and thought hmm, maybe the next few day would be great to straighten up out there and purge a bit. Then I went to look for the jacket. All I can say is Lord, PLEASE forgive me!

I often think of ways that I can help people in need this time of year. I usually donate food or toys or something of that nature. But when I looked at the massive amount of winter and summer clothes, shoes, hats, pajamas and other things that I have put into my garage over the last three years and all but forgot about them I could just crawl under a rock and die. I feel horrible about the amount of wearable things I have accumulated. So my next few days will be dedicated to giving it all away.

Everyone donates to the Salvation Army and they are a great organization who helps many people but I like to support the places that other people forget about. So I plan to call my local Habitat for Humanity store to schedule a pick up and hopefully my donation will mean that a child won't go without this winter. Pray for me as I take on this daunting task.

Until my next post remember: "He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses." Proverbs 28:27

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good person Kim!!! I'm sad that we weren't able to reconnect at Scrapfest this year! Thanks for posting this and reminding me of how important it is to donate. I think I need to go home and raid my closet and purge it of everything dusty! Sending happy crafty wishes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete